Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wool Felt Hats

It's been a very busy week of felt making and the line about "miles to go before I sleep" is running through my mind like crazy. I also managed to get a wool felt vessel done and a couple of other hats too. These are the only photos that I have to share right now.

The purple felt hat with is a favorite design over a flat resist. Love the top dreds coming off of the top. Makes it very playful.
The dark purple hat was done using the needle felt form, with three layers of merino wool, then silk fabric, metallic fabric and a silk hankie applied over the crown. Photo does not show how really pretty this hat is.

The final hat is again over flat resist, with designs cut into the final felt for exposure of the under belly, as it were.

Now for a little Christmastime with my beloved family. I hope that yours is wonderful too.
Blessings to all,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Diva's Niche said...

kate looks so beautiful as always. I miss you my friend.
rebecca

Hooked On Felt said...

A beautiful blond woman bought this black hat, as well as another, from me in Kirkland Ohio. The hats wear completely different in style, but both looked stunning on her. She is a collector of hats and it is easy to see why when you see a hat on her head. She wears them well!
Suzanne