Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Before and After, Then and Now + Workshop Details














At Martha's suggestion, I am showing the silk scarf prior to applying the wool and afterward. I used one layer of super fine merino wool, deep violet purple on the back of the scarf. There was about 40% shrinkage on the piece. Love the silk scarf either way, the wool just adds a lovely texture to the item.

Also want to announce a workshop this Friday, Jan. 8th, 2010 at my home, from 10 am til 5 pm. Class size is limited to 5 people. Will cover basic felt making, then hat making with either foam or flat resist method, student choice. If you are interested, please contact me: info@hookedonfelt.com

I hope that this is all I do today. I am not able to focus, so it is best just to stop doing much at all. Might pick up the crochet hook and see what happens. Am making some hats for the homeless in our area. Sadly, that number keeps growing. Reminds me to be ever more thankful for the blessings of this very old, drafty home. It is here and so am I. I cannot imagine being homeless, especially in the winter. I cannot imagine what I would do with my mind to keep the utter despair away.

So much to be thankful for!
Shalom,
Suzanne

No comments: