Saturday, April 26, 2008

I cannot belive I get to go!



I am sooooo thrilled to be asked by Susan McFarland to go with her and her incredible friends to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. We'll work our self hard, we'll feed ourself well and we will sleep soundly, I am sure! I am so looking forward to this great adventure. Susan called and asked me to work her booth with her. What an honor! I'll be having a great time, promise!

In the meantime, I am dyeing fibers to spin or work into my felts. Some may also be for sale after I get back from Maryland Sheep and Wool. I am working primarily with merino/silk 50/50 blends, silk laps, silk fabrics and locks from various sheep, mostly long wools. Photos here are of the merino silks in 4 ounce braids. Could really get lost in the dye pots far too easily. There is magical stuff that happens in a dye pot!

No comments: