Friday, October 30, 2009

Five Felt Hats

Here are the labors of the past two days. I am very tired, but I am liking the hats very much. What do you think?
The details:
The blue hat is made of merino with silk fibers on the surface. The burnt orange hat is made of hand dyed merino and has silk fibers on the brim, with silk fabrics in black and white on the surface fora very shadowy effect. The white hat is merino. The pink/red hat is made from merino with prefelts cut into squares and placed on the surface for design. Lastly, the multi-colored hat hat metallic fabric on the brim, with silk and metallic fabric on the surface

Shalom,
Suzanne

3 comments:

Barbara Marr said...

They all look GREAT! The white one looks really outstanding. Course I knew I would love the red/pinks with black.

Angela said...

Dear, your blog is an inexhaustible source of beautiful models. I agree with Barbara, the white one is really great.
Cari saluti

Hooked On Felt said...

Thanks Barb and Angela!
I like the white one, it has a quiet elegance. It is an ultra fine felt. I think it weighs less that 2.5 ounces. I am tempted to keep it for myself, but the blue one is pretty cute too and I am not an elegant gal. truth be told, if I get a good price, they'll all be sold.