Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn in New York and Thank God for Rhinebeck!

Each year I look forward to Rhinebeck and the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. When all other shows are down or slow, Rhinebeck never fails to be an adventurous, profitable and beautiful show. The buyers are educated, knowledgeable, share openly and teachers are outstanding! It is my favorite show, hands down. We had some pretty severe winds on Saturday, 50 mph gusts and the booth took a bit of a beating, but it survived. Sunday was a perfect autumn day with stunning color, sunshine, 68 degrees and lots of people. Check out the parking lot...and that's only part of it!

Little Ms. Ammie came to see me again this year! I love seeing her. We've been fiber friends for 3 or 4 years now. It is always wonderful to see the changes in her. What a lovely young woman she is becoming! She is wearing the red hat, that I think looks wonderful with her full crop of great hair! The hat was made for one such as this. It went home with her.

I'm home and happy to be so. I leave again for another show this weekend. Then the travels will be over except for teaching commitments. I am looking forward to the "down time" and spending time at the dining room table creating and experimenting with felt. What an incredible gift felt is!

Happy felting!
Shalom,
Suzanne






2 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

I'm so glad that you had a successful show (and that you finally warmed up on Sunday!!)
It was SO GOOD to see you again!! You are such a delightful and warm woman!!! Hugs and love--

Hooked On Felt said...

I was pretty road weary by the time we made it home Heather. Likewise Dear Heart, it was so good t see you and to see you having such a great time!
Hugs and love right back to you!