Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Which One, Where, Why...really? Too much?

Been thinking a good bit lately about the amount of time one could spend just promoting a product...and then which is most effective, why is it effective, what gets the most exposure, and does that exposure turn into profit or sales, why or why not? and when is too much, simply, TOO MUCH!

My current venues are:

this blog, obviously, Indiepublic, FaceBook, Hooked n Felt website, Flickr, Ravelry, Etsy, Google +, ...and probably a couple of places that are not coming to mind right off the top of my head, like Pinterest and Linkedin. When does it all just become too much? Too much time, too much energy, too much information, too much invasion of creative space? Really, are all of these necessary? Why?

Got thoughts? Would love to hear them...and what is it that brings you back to this blog? What would you like to see here?


http://www.etsy.com/listing/89303117/nuno-scarf-fabric-5mm-habotia-hand-dyed



...anyway, I've been making a goodly number of flowers for the galleries that I supply and I've been dyeing 5mm habotai silk for nuno felting. You can find the new fabrics on my etsy. I am in a good spot on the energy-meter and that feels wonderful...coming out of the holiday funk....yeah!

Good Peace to you and Shalom,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Laura said...

If your sales are what you want/need them to be, then you are marketing enough. If, however, you want or need to sell more, then you are either not marketing enough or are not marketing to the right people or in the right way.

Although I love talking with people about our animals and their fiber, I often wish someone else could take care of the marketing and I could just take care of the critters and the fiber!

Hooked On Felt said...

Oh Laura, you've nailed it...and much more concisely.