Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Midwest Felting Symposium 2008



Annemie and Carol Cypher together as new friends, Pat Spark and I hugging goodbye for another year. Have I mentioned that I love this woman? She has so much knowledge, so much skill, and a great heart full of good will. Pat is an amazing resource about feltmaking, fiber, what to do, what not to do. Her passion for this medium makes her sparkle. Personally, I think it is great that Pat's last name is Spark! She strikes a spark in me each time I see her, her work, her warmth.

Susan McFarland and staff did an outstanding job for the instructors, the students, and vendors. This was a wonderful, felt-filled event. The gallery was so well done, elegant contributions from so mamny and many far away. Great blessing and inspiration to see them all. Each year, the organization gets better and better. There are a lot of balls to juggle, not all of them felt! Susan manages to keep them all in rotation without missing a beat! How does she do that?????

I love going to the events that she plans, they are so much fun! MFS is no exception. It really is my favorite though. Being in the air conditioning helps so much. Working on felt making in sweltering heat is no fun. The venue was great!!!

If you've not made plans to be there for 2009, let me encourage you to start saving 10-15.00 a week toward the event. It is worth every single penny, and then some.

Oh, my photos of Ewa will be up soon.

Shalom,
Suzanne

No comments: