Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Earth Bound

This is a piece of silk fabric that I'd dyed some time ago and finally got around to putting the wool in it. It is a very large piece of silk and I think it will look really nice worn over the shoulder and perhaps belted. The wool side of the nuno is in olive green, chocolate and aqua marine. I love both sides, but per usual, I like the silk side best.

I hope to get some more nuno done tomorrow, and some dyeing as well. I've not made a hat in so long, I wonder if I still can. Must try to do one sometime soon.

Just got a phone call that my brother has had a stroke. He is 14 yrs. my junior, just set a Guiness World Record for number of pull-ups in one minute (67!!!!!!!) and is in really great health. We are carriers of a genetic disorder called "sticky platelet syndrome" and stroke is very common, very early. Another brother had a stroke at 23. He survived, but is monitored very closely. This news has quite overwhelmed me. If you are a person of prayer, we would appreciate your prayers.

Gotta go for now.
Shalom,
Suzanne


9 comments:

Laura said...

{{{hugs}}} Sending unsticky thoughts for your brother's platelets!

Terriea Kwong said...

Very pretty texture and charming color. My prayer to your brother. God bless you all.
Terrie from Hong Kong.

Tatiana Barry said...

So sorry about your brother,Suzanne! I hope he'll recover very soon.
love you work, it is very inspiring,thank you! Warmest regards, FB friend Tatiana

Hedwig Schumacher said...

That's look very excating. The felt looks like a skin of a snake.
Hadiah

Clasheen said...

Gosh Suzanne, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that he is recovering and has not been affected too badly, sending best wishes your way. Loving your recent pics of the beautiful textured nuno felt! X

Connie D said...

Love "our" new fabric, it will look lovely on both of us.:~))
Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way

Patty Biermans said...

Sorry to hear about your brother! Wish him all the best and a quick recovery. Shall light a candle for him. hugzz...peebee

krex said...

I love the colors and great texture in this piece .

sorry about the health issues and wishing your brother a quick recovery .

Hooked On Felt said...

Everyone, thank you for your thoughts, prayers and words of encouragement. I don't have time to answer each of you individually, but your comments have been sustaining in many ways. God bless each of you.
Suzanne