Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For a Reason


As I packed for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, I scanned "the studio" one more time to make sure that I had not missed bringing anything. From across the room, a shawl that I had made several years ago asked to go with me. I've never worn it except to see that it fit, never took it to any shows, rarely showed it to anyone. It was done with my beginning handspun yarns and was kind of a personal treasure, my first, my hand spun, my first weaving. Anyway, I took it with me, not really knowing why...until she walked into the booth and fell in love with it. It now has a new home and is being well loved there I will miss the piece, but will miss it a bit less knowing that it is being appreciated and treasured. I know it is silly to get attached to things, but still I do sometimes. I need to recall these wise words:
Matt 6: 19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Doesn't she look lovely in the wrap. I am so please that I took it with me! I think she was the reason I went to Maryland

How was the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival? Cannot even tell you. I didn't get to leave my booth space on Sat. at all and only to run to the bathroom on Sunday. It was amazing to see so many people. I truly do wish that I could have seen some folks that were there, other vendors, other felters, but it just didn't happen. I am still trying to recover with an afternoon nap whenever I can squeeze one in. In fact, I think I'll do that now

No comments: