Friday, May 30, 2008

Sweet Needle Felts--Jenn Dockerty


Several weeks ago, Chris sent me a couple of photos of a new book she'd picked up. She called and told me that my form, needle felting tools and needles were all listed in the new book that had just been released. How cool is that. There are several other photos in the book that I'll try to get posted for you. I was delighted to learn that he products we created 8 years ago continue to impact the creative lives of others. Very exciting indeed!

In this book, she uses our small doll form to make a woven/needle felted bowl. The photos in this book are really great, nice illustrations, good tutorials.

I'll be leaving again this next week to go to Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival in Franklin, IN. I'll be teaching there this year. I'll be teaching on Friday if you are interested in taking the felt flower class. This is a wet felt class. Each flower takes about an hour to make. We're going to make three. Class runs from 12-3 on opening day. This show is a Fri-Sat show. It was wonderful last year and I anticipate that it will be even better this year. Cannot imagine the work that goes into putting a festival together. So I've got a lot of work to get done before I go....lots of dyeing, lots of carding, and I should make some felt! If I get a hat or two put together, I'll post them for you to see.
Shalom,
Suzanne

No comments: