Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Goodwill Finds

On a day such as this....at a time such as this...had a whim to go to the Goodwill store in town. I usually go in about once a week, especially in the fall/winter months. Often I'll find some lovely things, like great wool sweaters. Today I found some really lovely, brand new, tags still on, merino sweaters that had just come in the back door. While there, a woman walked in, dropped off this incredibly beautiful Tibetan Lamb Wool Coat. I feel like I stole it. Paid almost $15.00 for it. It appears as thought it has never been worn. I could re-sell it, but it is just too wonderful to even think about doing that. I think it might very well go to Iceland with me. It does have two small tears in the collar area, but those will be fixed in no time.

I know that this entry has nothing to do with felting, but had to share the lovely surprises that do come our way, every now and again.

Happy felting!
Shalom,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Renee Nation said...

Suzanne,
I, too, love Goodwill! A guilty pleasure of mine is making the rounds to all the second hand shops while my daughter is in nursery school. I think most of my wet felting tools came from these places, plus a few silk scarves and a pair of hand carders.
-Renee

Helen + ilana = Hi said...

Thanks to The Funky Felter you have tagged over at my blog.  You’ll find the rules right here.  I hope you’ll participate!