Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Felt bracelet and felt bookmakers



Yesterday, I spent a good deal of time talking on the phone with Suzanne Morgan (her website is listed on my sidebar) who I've met several times at different shows, once at the Midwest Felting Symposium and once at SAFF in North Carolina. She is an incredible artist, working with silk, wool and beads. Her best work is in the designs of her felt bangles or cuffs as she calls them. They are so pretty, so fem, and so easy to make. She has them all packaged up in these neat little kits, guaranteed to succeed in felt making. Suzanne is a delightful person, soft and strong kind of quiet person. I'll encourage all of you to take a peek at her website and her works. Her silks are simply stunning and lovely to work with in the felting process.

I decided to try to make one of the bracelets, then found I really liked the idea of felt bookmakers instead. I am thinking that these are a great way to use some of my silk hankies, prefelts and a few others things that have taken up every nook and cranny around here. Anyway, that's the newest thing that I've done. They are made of wool, then silk fabric squares laid on top of the wool then a silk hankie overlay then felted as usual. Very nice effect and a nice small gift to give to my friends who are avid readers. Cool, huh?

Shalom,
Suzanne

No comments: