Monday, September 27, 2010

Only Time for Little Things

Sunday, Jone and I went to see ARTPRIZE in Grand Rapids, MI. Janice Arnold has the most exquisite felt instillation I've ever seen. I could use all of the adjectives in my vocabulary and still fall grossly short of how jaw-dropping it is. Stunned is how I am still, happily stunned!

We had the opportunity to talk with Janice for about a half hour. What a doll she is! She is strong, wise, a visionary. If anyone is questioning if they should come to see her work, the answer is YES, YES, YES!!!!! You'll not be disappointed at all! To be in it was amazing. If you want to take a peek at her work, check out:

http://www.artprize.org/artists/public-profile/49090

I am getting ready for Felt United 2010! Again this year we will be at Marr Haven in Allegan from 12-4 PM. You are all invited to come join us. Please, please do. It's going to be so much fun.

These two small pieces are made from pre-felt that Jone has dyed. The colors are perfect for Felt United, so I made these two small pins. Looks like I'd better get busy!

Happy Felting and Shalom,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Helen Kay said...

Tomorrow afternoon (tuesday, 9/28) the artist will be orchestrating the construction of a giant felted piece in the Rosa Parks Circle - come join in the stomping and stay for the dancers who will perform on the felting!

Trudis said...

Little things, but they are beautiful!
Have a nice time at Felt United 2010. Looking forward to your post about it!
Enjoy it!
Trudis