Saturday, January 9, 2010

Just a Little Thing



Taught another class yesterday and had so much fun. Seriously, God sends wonderful students my way. The class ended a bit late so I don't have photos to share with you, but one would be of a really great hat with tons of texture and color and the other would be of a wonderful pair of boots. The gals worked really hard, and at the end of the session, I think they were happy with their results. I was really proud of them.

(PS: Allison just sent me a photo of her needle to wet felted boots. They are made with lincoln-teeswater cross that was hand-dyed. I think they are wonderful. She did 6 layers in the layout. This is her second felting project. I'm so impressed!)

After things settled down, after the work area got cleaned up, after dinner, just before jumping into PJ's, I decided I wanted to try this little thing, this little piece of beaded felt, this little necklace thing. I knew I wanted it simple. While I do not wear jewelry, not even my wedding ring, I thought I might be comfortable wearing something like this. You never know, it just might give me the chance to talk about one of my favorite subjects, simple, complex wool felt....it's just a little thing, but like a key, a simple, little thing can open doors.

No comments: