Monday, March 30, 2009

Merino and Silk Felt Wrap

I feel like I am running a slight fever and fight off the flu. I like to make at least one piece of felt each day, with one day of complete rest per week. This is the days work. It is a white chiffon farbic enveloped in merino silk, with sparkle yarns on the surface. I can imagine this being worn in any weather. The ripples in this turned out quite nice, and my shoulders are painful to the touch from all of the rolling. I may need two days of rest after a day like this.

I did use cold water to start the process, as I was confident that hot water would make it felt too fast and not work through the fabric. My whole family loved this piece. I too am rather fond of it. This might not go on the road with me, but stay in my closet. That doesn't happen often, but it could with this.

No comments: