Friday, November 13, 2009

Ok, so I did do some felting....

At the Midwest Felting Symposium two years ago, I purchased this silk from Lori Flood. So while I am on the hat making hiatus, I was able to make this laminate/nuno felt wit my right arm only. While some prefer the wool side of laminate felt, I prefer the silk side. I like the wool next to my skin and the romance of the silk to the outside.

I laid the fibers out on the bubble wrap, bubble side up, then laid the silk on top, wetted down the fibers and the silk, then applied another bubble wrap with bubbles down. Then I took out the sander to do the felting. It took a long time, but I didn't have to roll, thus saving the left arm from further damage. I left portions of the silk not felted. the drape is very nice on this felted wrap.

I am now off to find the top of my desk and perhaps get some things organized.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Its gorgeous. Hope your arm gets better. Needle felting can e very rewarding too...