Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gypsy Feet and Silk Scarves

Jan, the Village Weaver, has invited me to share her booth at Wooster, Ohio, so I am packing the Big Van (Gypsy Wagon) with my wears and preparing to head on down the road again. I'm packing up hats, wool locks, needle felt hat forms and tool and a bunch of wool, traveling light this time. I will miss my time in the woods, my dogs, but most of all, my dear husband. I miss his company so much when I am away. I am so blessed to be loved by such a wonderful man. It is a rich blessing, far beyond what I deserve.
I did manage to get a few more scarves dyed before leaving for Wooster. I love the overlay of color upon color in this scarf. I hope that someone else will love it too. Now, off to bed and then off to Wooster! Stop in to see me if you have the chance.
Happy Gypsy Feet!

4 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Have fun! Happy displaying and selling!

Regina Moore said...

Have fun on your road trip!

LilyGardenCreations said...

I got a hat form kit from Suzanne at the Wooster show and she was just the most awesome woman to meet. Thanks for being so very helpful and taking all the time to show me what I need to get started as a new felter.
I got home and have my fiber on the top and sides of the form. Taking it off was a bit tricky but I did ok. Turned it inside out and put it back on. When I did that I noticed some thin spots so I'm adding another layer on the inside. My question now is that it comes all the way to the bottom of the form and the ball will not cover all of that. Will I run into an issue when I am ready to begin wetting?

Hooked On Felt said...

Jacqueline, the ends are not at all a problem. Just remember to work toward the crown and you'll be fine. I also work those edges a bit when they are on the ball. Do let me know how it goes and please feel free to call if you have any questions. I want your hat to be a great success for you!